IBCA Achievements Since Inception
Based on our Mission Statement as the Foundation
Promote safety and security as a foundation for growth.
- Established specific contact/liaison relationship with Township Police Traffic Division to oversee the maintenance of Neighborhood speed monitors and address other concerns as needed.
- Conducted the first Community “Neighborhood Night-Out Walk” August 2010.
- Established the foundation and structure for a Community Watch Program and procured a set of Community Watch Signs via the State NPP Grant and launched meetings; all implemented in 2011.
- Worked with Township & County Representatives in procuring 4-way stop signs at Pt. Monmouth & Ocean Avenues.
- Submitted the first of a succession of letters to the Township requesting stop signs at certain unsafe intersections; starting with the intersection of Thompson-Raynor and Bray Avenues.
Offer respect and inclusiveness to all ideas and opinions.
- Established monthly Community meetings to deliver face to face interaction with residents.
- Established an email account (idealbeachNJ@gmail.com) to offer an additional way of communicating news and events and to provide residents with a means to submit questions and comments.
- Distributed and continue to distribute pertinent IBCA & Township information to each household in the Neighborhood as needed.
Share and encourage commitment and responsibility for our future.
- Established relationship with Tonya Keller Community Center to support & strengthen its mission.
- Established relationship with Ocean Elementary School and the PTA.Initiated the first annual ‘Season of Giving Toy Drive 2011’ working in partnership with OAS to distribute holiday toys to our neighborhood children.
Initiate activities, charity & social events that unify, support and strengthen the Community.
- Garnered 3 computers for donation to Ocean Avenue Elementary School from a valued IT consultant donor.
- Assisted OAS students in their goal of raising money via a diabetes walk by donating gift cards.
- Donated $100 to OAS students as a sponsor listed on their school “Field Day” T-shirts.
- Produced, managed, and staffed the family-oriented June 19th, 2010 My Ideal Neighborhood Celebration with funding from the NPP Grant and individual sponsors.
- Produced, managed and staffed the family-oriented June 2011 2nd Annual My Ideal Neighborhood Celebration
- Created and organized the September 18th My Ideal Flea Market with NPP Grant backing.
- Participated in and continue to show support of invaluable community services such as Firehouse #5
Take initiative to foster productive relationships with all levels of government.
- Initiated Annual Roundtable Meetings with Township April 2010, 2011 resulting in additional trash receptacles at critical spots in Neighborhood, repair of Roosevelt Park bench, removal of broken bench at municipal parking lot at corner of Pt. Monmouth and Ocean Avenues and replacement of rock beds around trees with mulch, and repair & repainting of facilities at McMahon Park.
- Have continued to hold annual Roundtable Meetings with Township officials to discuss Neighborhood concerns as needed.
- Attended Township Meetings to represent and communicate Neighborhood concerns.
- Participated and practiced partnering with the Township through volunteerism of IBCA officers holding positions on Boards and Committees.
Impart and build a sense of pride in the Neighborhood.
- Have partnered with Clean Ocean Action for the “Beach Sweeps” Beach Clean-Up since 2010 and continue to participate in twice-yearly Beach Sweeps and other COA activities.
- Brought presentation to Ocean Avenue Elementary School students via the Clean Ocean Action organization to teach the importance of beach ecology and overall recycling as it relates to the health of our beachside community and the world at large.
- Garnered two pet waste stations in conjunction with the NPP Grant, and established a business sponsor to supply the biodegradable waste bags for the stations.
- Working with the Arbor Day Foundation, teamed up with Ocean Avenue School to plant 25 Willow Oak Trees on the grounds of the school for the annual ‘Celebrate Arbor Day 2011’.
- Created monthly resident email, ‘Inspirational Picks…..’ bringing images of architecture, seasonal décor, curb appeal, and all matter of creative home ideas and tips to residents in recognition of our coastal Ideal Beach Neighborhood vernacular.
Value and celebrate our Community.
- Created an iconic Community IBCA logo as a first step in developing positive imagery and visibility for the Neighborhood.
- Launched the annual family-oriented “My Ideal Neighborhood Celebration” event.
- Created and marketed First IBCA Community Calendar in 2010 and continued again in 2011
Elevate outside perception of our Neighborhood.
- Created IBCA website (www.myidealbeach.org) & Facebook page to highlight events and promote the Community.
- Established contacts with local media in order to generate positive press for the Community.